Tubular cord

Warp: Blue, lilac and white silk
Weft: White silk
Pattern: Spiralling stripes
Cards: 9
Width: 0.5 cm
Length: 50cm
What's new: tubular

This is actually part 2 of the weaving I'm doing for Enith, Lowrans's lady, in return for the warp spreader and bobbins he made for me. Part 1 is a brocaded band which goes around the neck of a cloak (I need to borrow my flatmate to get a good photo of it because my camera/photography is terrible at metal thread). Part 2 is a cord for tying the cloak closed. I made it based on the instructions here: http://www.silkewerk.com/tubular.html. The instructions are very easy to follow so I won't elaborate on the technique. I wove the band backstrap style (attached to my belt at one end), with the far end looped around my toe. It took about two hours, which is ridiculously fast compared to brocading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Anglo-Saxon" Belt

Oseberg Loom

Birka 6